Monday, August 31, 2009

A rabbit's form is naturally OMG THAT'S SO CUTE!

What is it about the rabbit's natural form that is just so adorable? It's hard to make anything even remotely rabbit-like without it eliciting squeals of joy.

And come on, now, I KNOW I'm not alone. To make my case, look at this picture and tell me you don't ball your hands into fists, hold them up near your face, stamp your feet and say, "Weeeeeeeee!"


Uh-huh, I thought so.

I stumbled upon a blog post talking about these adorable confections of sweet dough filled with sweetened beans. They are the product of Piyonaya in Kyoto which can be found in Marukai Pacific Market in Gardena, CA. Their website is entirely in Japanese, but a quick peek makes it clear even to this Yankee that mail order is available.

The box alone makes me want to hop on a plane to the South Bay area and get some.


The box notes, "Yumeki-Usagi," or In Kyoto the rabbit is legendary.

Not just in Kyoto, my friend!

Be sure to check out the blog where I found the post, The Food Librarian, and also Piyonya in Kyoto. While their site is in Japanese, if you see a cute picture, click on it. :-) Or, the use of Google Translate makes it navigable.

I really must end this post now, lest I go into kawaii overload, and go mad and just try to order something, regardless of the fact that I can't read the pages. :-)

No comments: