Well summer is here in full force. It is slated to be 93 degrees in Oregon's Willamette Valley today...that's way too hot for a bunny (or for me!). It is important to remember our pets this time of year when the temperatures start to rise. There are a lot of things you can do to help your pets keep their cool.
1. Freeze two liter soda bottles full of water to make a nice ice block to put into bunny's home
2. Make sure that your little guy or girl isn't sitting where the sun will be beating down on them through the window
3. Make sure your air conditioner is set during the day to stay below 80 degrees whether you are home or not
4. Your bunny IS inside...right!
5. A portable room ac unit works great at cooling just those spaces where bunny hangs out
6. Even a fan should drop the ambient air temperature by about seven degrees
7. Make sure they have plenty of fresh, cool, clean water as they may get really thirsty...I know I do.
A few simple steps will go a long way to ensuring that you and your bunny both have a safe happy and productive summer. Have fun!